oil tank


Old 11-21-08, 10:31 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arrow oil tank

I have heard about kits that you can get to convert an oil tank that has the oil coming from the bottom to an oil tank that the oil comes out through the top to the furnice.
Anyone know what these kits are called? or Is it better/cheaper/easier to do it from scratch? Any ideas, advice, tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-08, 08:16 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 14,251
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
Top vs. Bottom Feed

I prefer to feed the oil off the bottom of the tank & have the tank sloped slightly toward the outlet. Some local codes require the line to come off the top for some reason unknown to me. If you have a build up of sludge & that is why you want to convert to a top feed, I suggest replacing the tank. That sludge produces an acid which attacks the metal of the tank.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: