Help with RHEEM RGPH05EAUER Gas furnace keeps shutting down.

Old 11-22-08, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with RHEEM RGPH05EAUER Gas furnace keeps shutting down.

The furnace is electric start and the ignitor works. Issue: The flame starts then shuts down 5 seconds after burner ignites. This continues repeatedly. Note: blower works and gas is feeding the unit. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-08, 04:58 PM
could be an oxygen sensor.I need more info. Is this a two stage.any other problems.

Old 11-22-08, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jaltieri04 View Post
The furnace is electric start and the ignitor works. Issue: The flame starts then shuts down 5 seconds after burner ignites. This continues repeatedly. Note: blower works and gas is feeding the unit. Any ideas??
Try cleaning the flame rod...I'm not familar with the model number, it may not have a remote flame rod. lut us know

Old 11-22-08, 06:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Flame sensor. Look for a small metal rod sticking up in front of one of the burner tubes. Should be the opposite end from the ignitor. Rod will have a wire attached to it and is usually held in place by one or two screws. Remove it and wipe the rod with fine steel wool, sandpaper, emery cloth or similar. Don't try to remove metal. just wipe it lengthwise a few times to clean it. Reinstall and fire up the furnace.

Old 11-23-08, 08:22 AM
Problems...

I went to try the below suggestions. Discovered that now the furnace won't do anything...it just humms...

Please note this was prior to cleaning the flame sensor. I still cleaned it just incase but still nothing only a humming noise.