New Comfort Aire Patriot 80 No sign of life

Old 11-23-08, 06:29 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NO HEAT: New Comfort Aire Patriot 80 No sign of life

This is a brand new furnace, hooked up today, never been running. Oil, 1 zone, stick-built house, Forced hot air, what else can I tell you? There is power to the Honeywell controller R7184B but we can't get anything to start. No green light: held it in for 45 seconds. All connections seem to be good. It's 14 degrees out so ANY suggestions would be appreciated asap! Thanks!

Last edited by Build4Ever; 11-23-08 at 07:05 PM. Reason: need responses asap
Old 11-24-08, 11:31 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Try holding the reset button in for a full minute. If this is the flame safeguard control I think it is it will go into a "hard lockout" after three flame failures and then require the reset button to be held in for a full minute.

Old 11-24-08, 11:49 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Eureka! Heat!

Well, we finally caved in & call a service technician--we waited through a somewhat chilly night (11 outside, 54 inside) to avoid a week-end night emergency service call charge. Anyway, there are 4 wires plus a ground for the thermostat. 2 red, 2 white, and 4 screws at which to attach them. 2 were already attached so we assumed the other 2 went in the 2 empty slots and tried them both, switching them when 1 way didn't work. Nothing. Turns out the 2 additional wires were to go on top of the already existing ones!? Now I'll say that I wasn't there when the tech arrived this morning and this is how I understood it from my husband. I'll take a look and update this thread if I find it to be different when I get home. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: