RV heater, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Old 11-25-08, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RV heater, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

OK.....I've got a 5 year old 26 ft. Komfort travel trailer. It has a gas furnace. The furnace worked well til last year when it just quit......I figured it burned out the motor so I replaced it myself. Well it still didn't work.........so I just left it on.......well about a week later it just came on by itself and worked fine for about a week.........then during the night it just quit again. I just left it on............a day or two later it just came on again and worked just fine for another couple of days when it went off again..........and so it goes..........works for awhile and off for awhile.........I figure it must be haunted.......so can anyone offer a cause or where I may look....

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-08, 11:42 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Does the motor start or nothinghappen?

Old 11-25-08, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
nothing happens at all until it decides to work or not work. When it comes on it does just fine.........when I manually operate the furnace I can hear the t-stat click but nothing..........the trailer is in Montana and has been so for about 3 years now and is plugged into a permanent electrical source...........I just keep the heater on...........and when it decides to come on it does..........I hear the fan come on and then the propane kicks in and it starts burning and warms up the trailer............it will work just fine for days.......you know it goes through all the t-stat settings ie morning-afternoon-evening- night and cycle off and on to stay at the desired temp. then it decides to go off and does so for days on end until it decides to come back on. when it works it does so just as it should........it is a matter of it having its own mind

Old 11-25-08, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You may want to bypass the thermostat next time it won't work. Good place to start withthis type of problem.