trailer oil furnace

Old 11-25-08, 04:35 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
trailer oil furnace

i have an miller/ beckett model af15 hot air oil fired furnace in my trailer home that i purchased 06 , my previous owner told me to use kerosene in it but with the price of kero what do i need to do to run fuel oil it now ( 4.00 a gal kero -fuel oil 2.39 a gal.} i think theres a .50 nozzle in it now

Old 11-30-08, 02:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Trailer Furnace

Sorry I previously missed your question. If you have not already gotten an answer elsewhere; you don't have to change anything. Put fuel oil in the tank & operate as normal. The kero burns much cleaner but with the price difference, I can certainly understand why you want to go with fuel oil.

Old 12-02-08, 03:58 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for your help, i just got back online to find out if any body replyed, been busy! i still have about 1/3 of a tank of kero left. maybe i'll let it run down a little before i put fuel oil in tank, thanks again

Old 12-02-08, 04:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Fuel Oil

If you want you can add fuel oil to the kero. It will hurt nothing. Before kero got so much more expensive than fuel oil, it was common practice to add 10 -25% kero to fuel oil as an anti-gelling agent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: