insuficient heat with heat pump...

Old 11-25-08, 08:35 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
insuficient heat with heat pump...

My condenser was making a bump hiss sound, so I called a repair man who replaced the control board claiming the problem we a bad relay.

He left and I fired up the heat and am only getting warm-cool air when I used to get piping hot air out of the unit. The insulated refrig line is hot and the otehr is cool. Blower is running with normal force, but I am guessing the coils are not getting hot enough.

Since the guy is not returning my calls (Holidays I presume) can any of you suggest what the problem may be?

Thank you so much.
Bri

Old 11-26-08, 07:20 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
With the big line hot and the small line cool it sounds like it is working fine. Can you take the temp coming out of your supply and one at the return.

Old 11-26-08, 09:15 PM
S
take the temp of the lines? not sure how I would do so. The jot line is VERY hot to touch and the cool line is cool, but not cold. Is it possible the direction valve is busted?

The system is running in "Aux on" at the moment, air coming out is still luke warm...

Thanks for reply Happy Thanksgiving!
Bri

Old 11-27-08, 02:53 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
No take the temp of the air at the return and supply.

Old 11-27-08, 09:04 PM
M
Heating Help

Yes take a supply air temp reading with just the heat pump running not the electric heat If your supply air temp is not at least 90 degrees you are undercharged, have a refrigerant restriction or you are getting cold air infiltration in your return.

Old 11-29-08, 11:05 PM
N
In the heat mode the largest line should be hot and the small line cool. If otherwise then it is running in ac mode and not heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: