oil boiler ignition

Old 11-30-08, 04:02 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
oil boiler ignition

hopefully someone may be able to help me,got a riello burner that ignites for a couple of seconds then goes out but constantly tries ,it doesnt go into lockout...thanks

Old 11-30-08, 06:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Riello

That constant "re-try" is a problem with Riello. They have a new control to eliminate that. I think it is a 3 try then lockout. Not sure if it is on the market yet or not.

Do you have a vacuum gauge you could install in the fuel line? I'm wondering about the condition of the fuel filter, pump screen, & nozzle. If the flame is starving for fuel, it will cause what you describe. What make & model of appliance & which model Riello? Single or 2 fuel lines from the tank to the burner?

Old 11-30-08, 07:11 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply grady,model number is rdb1 bf and type is83t50.its been working fine for about 16 months,what would the vacuum guage solve.quite smoky when it fires for a couple of secs.never goes to lockout always fires for a second or so.

Old 11-30-08, 07:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Vac Gauge

The gauge would not directly solve the problem but serve as a diagnostic tool. You could have a fouled nozzle or other fuel related problem.
Since Riello burners have metric threads, & require adaptors to inch gauges, I honestly think you should call a local servicer familiar with Riello. If you need parts, they are not available at your local home improvement center or anyplace likely to be open on Sunday.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: