Heater won't turn off this season

Old 12-05-08, 05:20 PM
Heater won't turn off this season

I have a gas heater and an electric A/C unit. 3 years ago I installed a hunter programmable thermostat #44830. It has run fine. We've used the a/c as recently as a few weeks ago (Houston, TX...) and it turns on and off fine. I'm using the same heating program from last year. The heater starts fine at the set temperature and blows hot air but then twice now I've noticed it runnind and the temp was at 80!! I lowered the temp and it didn't turn off- the only way was to turn it to the off position and the heater turned off, the fan ran for a few minutes, and then it shut off completely. I have the heater set to 68 so it is going well beyond the temp. I have only used it those 2 times so far, so I'm 0/2 this season. Any ideas? Should I just try a new thermostat or what?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-08, 07:16 PM
sounds like a t-stat problem from your description. Stop by your local HVAC supply house and pickup a nice Honeywell vision pro t-stat they will have several different models that will work for you. Read the installation manual carefully and hook it up correctly and you will be so happy.