Thermostat

Old 12-08-08, 06:01 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermostat

I have the Wistat T50-series WIRELESS Heat thermostat and receiver. I am trying to hook up the wires to the receiver but I am getting no power to it. I put the receiver where my old thermostat was and I have the wires hooked up exactly the way the OLD thermostat was hooked up but there is no power to the receiver. There are only TWO wires that were hooked up to old thermostat.. I have the RH and RC jumped together and one wire going to the RH and the other going to the W. Why would there be no power to the receiver? Thanks for any help.

Old 12-08-08, 01:17 PM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
With only two wires on the old thermostat, it was set for heat only. Attach one wire to "C" which is the common and the other to "W" which is for heat. Make sure you have the batteries properly installed in the receiver.

Old 12-08-08, 06:19 PM
WIRELESS Heat thermostat

I have the RH and RC jumped and I have the red wire connected to the RH and the white wire connected to to the W just like my old thermostat was. Are you saying connect another wire to the C and the other end of that wire to the W along with the WHITE wire for it to get power?

Old 12-08-08, 09:43 PM
I think Gold go this letters mixed up.

R and W is all you need for two wire system.

Old 12-09-08, 07:30 AM
Thermostat

It is a WIRELESS thermostat. The receiver doesn't have batteries only the thermostat does. The receiver needs to be wired to get 24VAC continuous power but there are only two wires going to my old thermostat. Is there a way to get 24 VAC power ti the receiver?

Old 12-09-08, 07:46 AM
Then you are going to have to run new wire to it. I would advise to run 7 wires thermostat wire that way you are ready for A/C or heat pump system down the road.

Old 12-09-08, 11:27 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Jay, you are right, I pulled up the instructions and didn't read close enough. They advise jumping the RH & RC but also state that the common C is required, along with the W.

MKDSK, the thermostat is a switch, which turns a 24 volt circuit on and off. The receiver tells the switch the temperature that you want it to go on and off. If I read the instructions correctly, the receiver uses the two AA batteries to operate and receive instructions from the remote.

Old 12-09-08, 03:40 PM
thermostat

The receiver is the part that gets hooked up to wall where the old thermostat was. The wireless thermostat is the part that I can take to any room I go in to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: