furnace ignition

Old 12-08-08, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
furnace ignition

HI people im having trouble with my gas furnace every time it lights it takes like 2 or three times to light . Could it be the pressure switch. Could the pressure be to high ?there are 2 screws on the manifold for high and lod pressure and they are both turned up all the way . The furnace is a Goodman Gas Fired Warm Air Furnace GM8 SERIES . Any input would be appriecated thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-08, 01:15 PM
furnace ignition

Good afternoon people . Here is my problem . I have a Goodman GMH8 GAS FIRED WARM AIR FURNACE. It always takes three times to ignite and every once in awhile it will not ignite because after three times the furnace shuts down till you reset it manually. Im afraid to go away for a weekend in fear of my pipes freezing . I did i have some problems with a pressure switch awhile back . (a loose connection) Could it be gas pressure or maybe this is a faulty pressure switch. The furnace is only running for its second season . Any input would be greatly appreciated . Thank You
Paul Barry

Old 12-10-08, 08:25 PM
You might have a problem with the flame sensor. Check to see if the flame is getting to the sensor when the burner lights. The gas valve will shut if there is no signal from the sensor within 2 seconds or so. If the sensor is getting flame immediately, You could either clean the sensor with steel wool or replace the sensor. If it not getting flame immediately, there might be some blockage in the transfer sleeves of the burner tubes.