Lennox Gas Furnace

Old 12-12-08, 04:10 PM
Lennox Gas Furnace

I have a Lennox Gas Furnace model number G1203-110 and I am having problems with the pilot light going off can you please explain to me how I can raise the light and keep it from shutting off? What do I need to do?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-08, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Qkhan View Post
I have a Lennox Gas Furnace model number G1203-110 and I am having problems with the pilot light going off can you please explain to me how I can raise the light and keep it from shutting off? What do I need to do?
The flame is about 2in high and sometimes the burner works for approx. 12 hrs so why does it stop working?

Old 12-12-08, 05:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Could be a pilot flame sensor need cleaning, if it specifically has a probe type. Or that any metal the pilot flame conducts needs to be brightened up to create a current flow back to the control module or board. Or the pilot's orifice, (down at the end where the flame is) is getting partially clogged. Best NOT to try to adjust pilot first (if you can) until knowing pilot line/orifice is clear.

But it seems most likely that it is a flame sense issue since you have gotten a 2 inch flame to last all those hours, on occasion. UNLESS some certain type of debris, like some scaling, is floating around inside, in such a way, that it allows passage of gas for a while, but not at other times.

To address several of these issues, you may have to remove the whole pilot assembly out of the burner. If you have a separate removeable probe type flame sensor for the pilot, start there.

Old 12-12-08, 06:26 PM
I have a G-12 and it has a standing pilot. Sounds like it is dirty, are you able to blow air into it where the flame comes out. And as always the thermocouple may need replacing.

Old 12-13-08, 07:09 AM
thanks I will work on it and ask for anymore help if needed seems more like thermocouple

Old 12-14-08, 10:24 AM
Gas Furnace

I fixed the gas furnace, The thermalcouple was dirty and secondly the gas valve was partially closed thanks a lot for the advice