Heil Oil Furnace Inspection Door

Old 12-13-08, 05:30 PM
Heil Oil Furnace Inspection Door

We have a Heil Forced Air Oil Furnace. I cannot give you the model since the furnace is in a house in Virginia and we are currently in Indiana.

Last time we were there, when restarting the furnace, we noticed a weird "burn" mark coming out from the Inspection Door area. We opened the door and found what looks kind of like a flat white gasket, that had been burned and was almost completely deteriorated. It pretty much fell apart in our hands. Without that piece the door does not seal tightly. Now every once in a while, a spark will come out through that gap. I've searched and tried to find a replacement for it, but without knowing what it is called, I've not had any luck.

Could anyone tell me what that part is called?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-08, 06:57 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Inspection Door Gasket or Seal, is what I would call it.

Old 12-14-08, 09:20 AM
Door Gasket

I would call it that too, but if you look for a part called that, they don't seem to exist. Have you actually seen a part like I described called a gasket or seal for an oil furnace? If so, could you give me some direction on where I might find one. I've already searched all the furnace parts sites I could find.

Old 12-14-08, 11:18 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Normally, I would go to my local plumbing supply for something like that. Your problem is, you don't have the model # with you. If there is someone in Virignia with access to the house, it would make things easier.