Fan Control Thermostat - York Furnace

Old 12-14-08, 10:35 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fan Control Thermostat - York Furnace

First let me say hello to everyone as I am a brand new member to this forum.

I purchased my first house a year ago and have a question regarding my furnaces. I have York Diamond Series 80 gas furnaces model numbers: P3HUA12N06401B and P3HUA08N03201A for downstairs and upstairs respectively. The house is 10 years old so I would guess that the furnaces are the same age.The downstairs unit cycles on and off a lot and the upstairs does not. My question, from researching this forum, is regarding what I think are the fan control thermostats for each furnace. The smaller upstairs unit has 1NT17L-2392 (L180F-30) which, from my research, I think means that this is rated up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. The larger downstairs unit has 1NT17L-1918 (L140F-30). Now my logic tells me that the larger unit should have the higher temperature rating than the smaller unit which *might* explain why the downstairs furnace cycles on and off alot. Of course there is more area to heat downstairs so that may be the reason as well.

Do I have the correct fan control thermostats for my furnaces? Should I or can I swap between the two furnaces or get new ones? I couldn't find a manual on the York website so any advice and/or information would be greatly appreciated. I want to be sure that my furnaces are running efficiently and want to avoid paying $$$ to have a serviceman out to the house.

Old 12-17-08, 05:58 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Limit switch

OK. I have figured out that the two parts in question are the limit switches for my furnaces. How can I tell if I have the correct limit switch for each furnace?

Does anyone have a manual or know where I can get one for the York Diamond Series 80? The York website no longer has this on their

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: