Air Ease Soft Lockout Type 4

Old 12-15-08, 10:07 PM
Air Ease Soft Lockout Type 4

Hello, I have an Air Ease Ultra 5 Tech 80 G1N80AU. I just purchased the home (6yrs old) and have started running the furnace all day now that the temps have dropped below zero here in Denver the last few days. Yesterday I installed a new thermostat Honeywell RTH7400 without any problems. I noticed last night and today that the furnace and burners would kick on for about 1 hour and then the burners would turn off but the thermostat would still read that it was calling for heat and the fan would be still be blowing. I went down stairs and noticed the LED was flashing 6 blinks, pause, then 4. The owners manual states that this is a Soft Lockout Type 4 - Limit or Limit circuit opened during run. I can turn the power off and then back on and it fires up instantly. I've had to do this 4 times last night 3 times so far tonight and it looks like I am going to be doing it again tonight as I have 2 little ones. Like I said this is my first winter in this house and I am not sure if it has anything to do with the thermostat since this is the first time I have had to run the furnace continuously and the problem could have already existed. Any help as to what this code means and how to fix it? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-09, 06:27 PM
Post i need help

hi.my name is harry.i have the same problem like you,soft lockout.can you tell me what was the problem.thanks

Old 01-12-09, 06:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hey Weak---

The most common reasons for a limit switch to open during cold weather are (1) plugged or dirty filter (2) covered over return air inlet (3) too many warm air vents closed or restricted.

Any of these cause reduced air flow through the furnace, which can overheat the furnace when the burner is on for unusually long periods of time --- such as especially cold weather.

During moderately cold weather, the furnace doesn't operate long enough to overheat and shut off. So this proble tends to nail people just when you need the furnace the most!

So check that out and see if that's the problem.