pilot lights no burners

Old 12-16-08, 06:27 AM
Exclamation pilot lights no burners

Hi, I have a Magic chef ultra 97 forced air furnace mod. EG6E80DC16-1. Yesterday 12-15 (Mon), I woke up with no heat. I started checking things out, The pilot was lit, On my gas control valve, there is three wires M- Pink , C- Blue, p- Orange
I was getting only 16v across C and M when I disconneced M, then I got 24v. I replaced the gas conrol valve and it worked all day and night. When I got up this morning, the same thing is happening?? I checked the voltage at M with it pulled off and it was 19v and it would start dropping and hold at 16v. I just checked it again and it was 25v, I hooked it back on and the burners just fired up!! Could this have something to do with my electronic thermostat or would this be the Ignition control module going bad?? And, If I do need an ICM would anyone know where to get one? I live in Minneapolis, MN. THANK YOU

Last edited by sikupandfed; 12-16-08 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Would like to add something
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-08, 08:52 AM
Try by-passing the tstat. I have seen electronic tstat's that do just as you have indicated.

Old 12-16-08, 03:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Measuring voltages across terminals at gas valves can often be a fooler. Digital volt meters may also show up as a voltage flutter, even when everything works!

You may want to try reversing your test leads by putting the red lead where the black lead was, and vice versa. That right there can often rectify voltage. Or disconnect the proper wires, from the gas valve, that you are trying to test, and test the ends of the 2 wires themselves, to see if 24 volts is getting through to that point. And once again, if you are not getting the expected results, switch the leads.