Ruud Achiever 90 Plus providing low heat

Old 12-22-08, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Ruud Achiever 90 Plus providing low heat

We bought a Ruud Achiever 90 Plus Two Stage Duel Comfort Upflow last year for our duplex. Now with the temperature down to negative 5, the furnace can only get the temperature in the lower unit to 61 degrees - even when we have it set at 87 degrees. I called on our Warrenty and they can't get anybody out until Friday. I really need to get this fixed before that for Christmas!

The furnace comes on fine. The flame seems to burn for a long time. However, the air coming out of the vents is luke warm at best. The only thing I can think of is that it isn't kicking into its "high heat" stage and is stuck in the energy efficient "low heat" stage. The lights on the panel are yellow, green, green - but I can't find anywhere to decipher what this means.

Can anyone help!!! Thank you.

Kurt

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-08, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by knelson4 View Post
I called on our Warrenty and they can't get anybody out until Friday. I really need to get this fixed before that for Christmas!
If YOU tamper with it, there goes your warranty. Sure is odd to have warranty coverage and only one outfit, and they can't get there any sooner than the end of the week? Can't you call up the manufacturer or supplier about this, and hope they can get someone else over there?

Old 12-22-08, 08:51 PM
Thanks

I bought the furnace through Centerpoint Energy and since we have some heat, we are not a priority - thus the delay per their service representative.

I will try calling the manufacturer though - that might work.

Thanks.