Tempstar furnace - air but no heat

Old 12-23-08, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tempstar furnace - air but no heat

I have a Tempstar furnace (no AC), circa 1990, model NUGE075CH02 867.768241. We came in today to find the blower running but no heat. I turned off the thermostat, then re-started it. At the furnance, I heard the blower start running but no igniter sound (t's a Honeywell S 8600M Continuous Retry). My first guess would be the ignition module, however I wanted some input on how to troubleshoot it to determine if that is the problem or something else that would prevent the ignition module from sending the spark. Thanks for input.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-08, 06:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by califjim View Post
I have a Tempstar furnace (no AC), circa 1990, model NUGE075CH02 867.768241. We came in today to find the blower running but no heat. I turned off the thermostat, then re-started it. At the furnance, I heard the blower start running but no igniter sound (t's a Honeywell S 8600M Continuous Retry). My first guess would be the ignition module, however I wanted some input on how to troubleshoot it to determine if that is the problem or something else that would prevent the ignition module from sending the spark. Thanks for input.
Hi Califjim,

IF it is the indoor blower running all the time, chances are the unit is out on a limit. It is a common default for the blower to run and nothing else, this alerts you that there is a problem.

Look around the burners, across the top of the unit, and in the blower compartment. See if you can find a small disc with 2 wires, it may have a reset button. This reminds me thinking back it is more than likely a disk on top of the furnace, if furnace is standing upright it will be top left.

Good Luck