Heil Furnace Blowing cold air

Old 12-23-08, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Heil Furnace Blowing cold air

Hello - newbie here (as you will soon read). I have a HEIL Gas furnace Model NUGK100DH05 that is currently blowing only cold air (55 degrees in my house - brrr!). I checked the LUX 1500 thermostat and it said FILTER, so I replaced the filter and reset the thermostat. I then followed the instructions on the furnace to try and get the automatic pilot light to restart. Still nothing. Should I see flames or something red on this model?

This is my first house and I am a single mom and with Christmas Eve tomorrow...I really have no money to fix this. I am hoping that someone can help!

Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-08, 01:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did you then turn the furnace off and then try to turn it back on again in about 30 seconds?

Old 12-25-08, 03:18 AM
make sure your in heating mode FAN in auto(if you have it) on the stat,and the temperature is set up hi on all the modes...........wake leave/return/sleep if you have them you have fan at least so you have control power..reset the breaker for the furnace or that toggle on the side as suggested.STARTING....your sequence with the stat calling is ......spark at the pilot ........pilot lites.......spark stops........main gas burner.......fan runs.STAT satisfies........burner shuts off 1st........fans shuts off 20-30 seconds latter.if your not even getting a spark for the pilot let us know...hope you have the heat going