Furnance keeps starting and stopping until it reaches temp.

Old 12-25-08, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnance keeps starting and stopping until it reaches temp.

I have a Nordyne G6RC furnace that starts, run a while, burner cuts out, relights, runs etc until in bring the temp up to close the therm. I have checked for blockages at exhaust and fresh air intake. Vac lines seem ok,(no leaks, and air passes though them).I checked the condensate water lines for blockage, all seems fine,and the condensate pump runs a times. I checked all limit switched all are working right. I ordered a new pressure switch but I can't see how it works off an on. Inducer blower? Has anybody seen or know of a problem

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-08, 04:07 PM
if you can access the pressure switch terminals(2 wires) and as the main burnser is short cycling.....jump the switch (24Vs) if you see the burner ON cycle get longer it is the switch boucing which cuts the burner on and off.might need a slight adjustment 1/4 turn out might do it.

Old 12-25-08, 06:18 PM
Did you check the high limit during the off period to see if it is opening. If you have an a/c coil you might want to make sure it is clean.

Old 12-25-08, 10:32 PM
Heating Repair

You need to find out which safety is tripping. If you do not have a meter you can temporarily bypass them with a jumper. Start with the high limit, you should be able to find it mounted into the firewall behind the gas valve. if you bypass the switch and the unit works you have an airflow problem you may have to remove the air conditioner coil to clean it if you have already looked for collapsed duct work and replaced your filter. Then go to your pressure switch if you bypass it and it works you may have a partial blockage in your venting or if you have 90% furnace you may have a dry or blocked drainage system