coleman DFHA084BBSA oil furnace

Old 12-29-08, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question coleman DFHA084BBSA oil furnace

I have read the manual cover to cover & tried to contact Coleman by e-mail and get no response. I truly hope one of you can settle my nerves.. I have a brand new furnace coleman DFHA084BBSA oil furnace...It works excellent but the external cabinet (galvanized metal gets very hot to the touch on the outside..It is only hot at the area near the top, back , side of the unit, in the blower area...The rest of the unit is fine, except for the outer stack which gets hot also..In the inside of the unit in the area where it gets hot has glued on insulation & none of the glue has been affected by the heat..Is this normal for this furnace? listed here are some actual temperatures I took with Fluke thermometer.

Floor vent ( 6 feet from furnace) 140 degrees
Stack temp 550 degrees
Outer stack temp. 150 degrees
Outside Rear Cabinet Temp. 200 degrees ( both sides)near top)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-08, 06:45 PM
If I am not mistaken, hatís a mobile home furnace. Coleman has had some recalls of mobile home furnaces but I donít think the oil furnaces were involved. The temperatures you indicate are high but not necessary dangerous but to be on the safe side you need to talk a factory customer service rep. If it is indeed a new furnace contact the dealer you purchased it from. They should be able to get directly in touch with the factory. You might want to look at this site:

Safety/Inspection Notice

Here is a contact number for the gas mobile home furnace recall. Perhaps they can help you.
(888) 665-4640

Buy the way: Coleman furnaces are not manufactured by the Coleman camping equipment people. The heating and air division was spun off several years ago and after a couple of changes in ownership is now part of Johnson Controls. The furnaces are still manufactured in Wichita Kansas by York UPG. As a last result you might try calling their facility. Use long distance directory assistance.

Old 12-29-08, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by xpogi View Post
If I am not mistaken, hatís a mobile home furnace. Coleman has had some recalls of mobile home furnaces but I donít think the oil furnaces were involved. The temperatures you indicate are high but not necessary dangerous but to be on the safe side you need to talk a factory customer service rep. If it is indeed a new furnace contact the dealer you purchased it from. They should be able to get directly in touch with the factory. You might want to look at this site:

Safety/Inspection Notice

Here is a contact number for the gas mobile home furnace recall. Perhaps they can help you.
(888) 665-4640

Buy the way: Coleman furnaces are not manufactured by the Coleman camping equipment people. The heating and air division was spun off several years ago and after a couple of changes in ownership is now part of Johnson Controls. The furnaces are still manufactured in Wichita Kansas by York UPG. As a last result you might try calling their facility. Use long distance directory assistance.

Thank you for the info.. I already have a e-mail to them..yes, York & Johnson now own them..I do know that the floor vent temp. is fine because the furnace plate says no more that 165 degrees & I get 140 degrees...Also with a 550 degree stack temp which is normal, a 150 outside stack is just fine also... a local service tech told me that if the outside cabinet did not discolor then it was just fine, but i dont know..yes it is a mobile home furnace & yes it is brand new, in fact it has been running now for only 3 days...

Thanks Bob