Noisy Amana Air Command 90 furnace

Old 01-02-09, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Noisy Amana Air Command 90 furnace

I have an Amana Air Command 90 furnace, about 13 years old. Model GUC/GUX (UPFLOW). There is a very loud buzzing or vibration sound coming from (I believe) the vent blower motor, possibly from the right side or lower right side of it as I face it. I'm thinking that I should replace the motor, but I'm wondering if it might be something else. Otherwise, furnace seems to be working fine. Any thoughts or ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-09, 11:46 AM
A good way to make sure it is the motor is to wiggle the motor while it is running. The noise level should change.

Old 01-06-09, 09:10 AM
I tried as you suggested, and it does change the sound a little. However, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it the motor, or something the motor is attached to? Thanks!

Old 01-06-09, 09:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I thought I responded to this thread and made suggestions. Maybe a mod elimated it due to suggestions made? Don't know.

Your fan blade may be warped or the blade has slid down it's shaft from bad connector that corroded or whatever. I have managed to actually replace parts inside (due to who I know), but most people would have to buy the entire assembly. Prices vary depending on where you get it and maybe what part of country you are in.

If price seems unfair, post your quotes here to get opinions.