York Furnace Blowing Cold

Old 01-02-09, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Furnace Blowing Cold

My York (P2MP) is blowing cold. We changed the thermastat. When I start it the hot surface igniter glows for awhile, then I here a click, like ignitor on bar-b-q or stove. However, the burners do no light. It repeats process 3 more times then turns off. The LED light flashs once every 2 seconds. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-09, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You probably have a cracked hot surface ignitor. Correct testing procedure would be to check for continuity across the plug leading to the ignitor --- infinite reistance proves a defective ignitor that needs to be replaced. You'd also check to verify that there is 120 VAC avross the other plug going back to the ignition module when the ignitor is supposed to be lighting, to verify that the ignition module is working properly.

Alternatively, you can remove the ignitor and inspect it visually for a cracks ---- often outlined by a deposit of a whitish powder.

Old 01-05-09, 04:15 AM
Which replacement Hot Surface Ignitor?

I have the same issue and have inspected the hot surface ignitor and can visually see a crack. My question is this, how do I know which igintor to replace it with. Looking in the Gainger website I see a number of ignitor but not the exact one that is on the furnance now. Can I use a different replacement ignitor? Currently the cracked unit shows the numbers CARBO 0206DC and is on the White Rodgers 50A50-230 28 sec York 031-01250 controller. Furnance Model # P2MPD12N06401G and is about 14 years old.

Thanks

Old 01-05-10, 10:43 PM
replacement hot surface ignitor

I have a York P2MPD14N08001C furnace. It seems that my
hot surface spiral ignitor (025-30277-700 in the York manual)
(CARBO 0206DC on side metal attachment)
(CARBO FC014 9428 on connector tab)
is cracked.
Where do I find a replacement? If I find one on EBay that looks similar, are they interchangeable?
Does anyone know the operating characteristics of these? BTW, how do they work, more detail than 24 V flows thru, heats up the element, which ignites the gas?
What is the active element made of, some metal?

Last edited by deodiaus; 01-05-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: wording
Old 01-06-10, 12:39 AM
I'd order a replacement from a York distributor, giving them the make, model and serial number. Or check with a heating repair company to see if they will sell you one. Two, really --- it's a good idea to have a spare.

Old 01-06-10, 03:29 PM
They operate on 120 volt. That hot glow will set off the gas when within specified range of it. You can ohms test any hot surface ignitor to pretty much tell if it is good or shot without even removing it from the furnace. All one has to do is access it's 2 wire ends, at a jack or terminal point, and put the test meter across both wire ends, set it to an ohms range setting, and see if it is somewheres between about 25 and 100 ohms, to be considered good.

On a water heater, I recently had one like you describe, and it also doubled as the flame sensor. I had to get it more into the main burner flame so that the water heater burner would stay running.

Old 01-09-10, 01:10 PM
Smile Replacement part!

We had same problem needed to find replacement part for CARBO0206DC wich is listed directly on the igniter strap we finally found a igniter that works in place of it its a GE part#WE4X739 used on dryers, it same size and the same plug hope this helps everyone!