Carrier 58PAV

Old 01-08-09, 12:56 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier 58PAV

Hi I have a 1998 carrier 58PAV furnace that the fan will run, and the flame or pilot will not come on.
Is this my high limit switch or my hot surface ignitor.

Please help
Frozen Alberta

Old 01-08-09, 01:45 PM
M
Try and reset the unit by turning off the power for at least 5 min, then turn it back on and see what happens. Is the draft induction motor operating prior to any attempt to light?

May need more info, see my posts to goldroad on "carrier 58CTA no running" in this forum. Some of those may help too.

Old 02-26-09, 03:40 PM
J
Carrier 58PAV

Depends. The sequence is as follows: Inducer fan comes on, pressure switch closes, ignitor glows, gas valve opens, flame ignites, flame sensor senses flam to keep it lit, then the circulation blower comes on. Where is the sequence stopping?

Old 02-26-09, 03:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The installation manual for your furnace is here:

http://www.alltemp-hvac.com/58pa-15si.pdf

You need to review the sequence of operation for your furnace when it tries to ight up and compare it with that described on page 12--- Heating Mode.

See how far along your furnace gets before it goes not farther, and describe the sequence of operation you observe with care.

Also --- if the diagnostic light blinks while the furnace is lighting up, please report that as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: