Reznor 75 needs help

Old 01-29-09, 07:08 AM
Have to order parts, question

The transformer and limit switch are faulty, and have to be ordered. They're not too expensive, but the fan switch is around $80. I hope it's not bad too!

The way I tested it (fan switch) was to measure resistance across the pair of large terminals and then across small terminals (which I believe go to the gas control valve), then heat the sensor with a heat gun.

When the fan sensor was cold:
Across large terminals - infinite
Across small terminals - zero

When sensor got hot and clicked:
Across large terminals - zero
Across small terminals - zero

Does this sound correct, or are small terminals supposed to have infinite (open) resistance at some point??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-09, 08:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hello robs ---

I'd suggest you repost and begin a new thread. Trying to deal with more than one problem on a thread rapidly becomes confusing.

Old 01-30-09, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by SeattlePioneer View Post
Hello robs ---

I'd suggest you repost and begin a new thread. Trying to deal with more than one problem on a thread rapidly becomes confusing.
No prob I'm still trying to get an answer on price/availibility of a new transformer. Limit switch is easy to get and looks like the fan switch is OK. I'll start a new thread if I need more help. If everything works, I'll just post a final closeout reply. Thanks for all your responses, and, Happy Friday!Beer 4U2

Old 02-08-09, 06:42 PM
Houston, we have heat!

Hooked up a new transformer, a whopping $15.00. The limit switch had to be ordered, so I jumped it to see if I was on the right track. Everything seems to work properly. When switched on at the wall switch, the burner kicks on and "waits" for the heat exchanger to come up to temp, then the fan turns on. The only glitch is the pilot goes out occasionally.

Thanks for all the help. I saved a considerable amount of money when I can least afford it! More money for beerBeer 4U2