Becktt 7184P /afg gun prime lost

Old 01-11-09, 04:46 AM
Angry Becktt 7184P /afg gun prime lost

Ok we bought a new system, its a AFG with a beckett 7184P 1064 rev 6, we lose the prime we have changed the check valve, checked the oil level, we lose the prime the oil filter is dry even after a successful cycle I am frustrated I have had to use wood all day in the fireplace is cheaper but a pain, this system is about 3 months old and maybe we burned about 300gals so far (4000sqft) pretty cold too! -40 in big lake alaska.. any input ideas would help, my father inlaw and I installed Im not that inclined but am not going to wait till monday for tech since we've given up! oh yes the Post Purge timer? if we set that to 30sec it wont burn 2min it did but only 2 cycles I tried 4 mins it burns 2 cycles trying 8min.. do not understand that wish we could disable? any input please thanks sorry for the bad grammar have been up for 19hours I have to re bleed every cycle..!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-09, 07:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Beckett

If you have a single fuel line there should NOT be a check valve in the line. Installation of such could cause the pump seal to be damaged.
Tell me about the fuel system. Indoor tank? Above or below ground outdoors? Vacuum gauge? Your problem sound very similar to this one:
http://forum.doityourself.com/gas-oi...-new-post.html

Old 01-11-09, 03:01 PM
Unhappy

Sorry, our tank is under ground about 30 feet from the furnace, we have a return and fuel line. We think we may have forgotten to install the bypass plug on the return so am going to check they usually come with it. I do not understand vacuum we did not gauge it if you our asking that. thanks for the reply! will check this later for it has been off for about 8 hours burning wood!

Old 01-11-09, 04:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Two line system

I strongly urge anyone with a two pipe fuel system to abandon the return line & install a Tiger loop in it's place. Not only will the burner work better, you eliminate the possibility of a major fuel spill should the return line fail. I've seen a 275 gallon tank's contents pumped onto the ground in a matter of a couple of days due to a return line failure.

The vacuum gauge will tell you, in general, the condition of the fuel system. A higher than expected vacuum indicates some sort of restriction & a lower than normal vacuum often indicates an air leak.

Old 01-11-09, 05:40 PM
Smile bypass plug

So I guess this setup is a dual setup can be used for single line and dual it never came with the plug we did not know, so has been runing fine for 3 months now it acts up put the plug in from old system and seems to be ok so far. Don know if this would help anyone else? bypass plug caused problems bleed back from the check valve but was not bleeding back was getting sucked through from the return! so thanks for replies hope someone reads this and says ohh thats it! the book doesn't mention it well atleast the one that came with ours!

Hope this helps someone else!!Beer 4U2