Need help with old Duomatic Olson Furnace

Old 01-14-09, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help with old Duomatic Olson Furnace

Hi Folks, if anyont can help with this I'd greatly appreciate it!

I've got an old Duomatic Olson Furnace with a Honeywell intermittent pilot system S860C. I turn the thermostat up to call for heat, the prepurge cycle runs, the ignitor sparks to light the pilot, but the pilot will not light. There is gas getting to the gas control unit, but apparently it's not getting past it to the pilot. Is there any way to repair this without buying a new gas control?

Old 01-14-09, 08:03 AM
The pilot orfice may be plugged. You may need to remove the pilot and clean it. You may also want to disconnect the pilot tube from the valve and check for gas at the valve. Can also blow through the pilot tube, may clear an obstruction.

Old 01-14-09, 08:57 AM
The pilot tube is clear, disconnected it from the gas control and was able to blow air through. Not quite sure on how to safely go about checking for gas here, as it would seem I would need to start the furnace, which would activate the ignitor spark - my thoughts : gas + spark = me going poof ... I'm highly allergic to going poof!

Old 01-14-09, 10:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I agree with Skip that the pilot orifice should be cleaned and the gas valve tested to verify that it's passing gas for the pilot.

Sounds like you may need help from a repairman.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: