York diamond 80 no ignition, led flashes 7 times

Old 01-15-09, 12:02 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York diamond 80 no ignition, led flashes 7 times

Hi all,

I have 7 year-old York diamond 80 gas furnace that suddenly stopped blowing air. I checked the LED light and it flashed 7 times after 3 tries (the instruction on the panel said "lockout caused by no ignition"). The glow bar was not lit at all. Any idea on how to troubleshoot and what parts need to be replaced?

Thanks a lot!

Old 01-15-09, 12:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A good place to start would be to inspect the hot surface ignitor for visible sign of a crack, often surrounded by some white powder. Or you can us a multimeter to measure the resistance across the ignitor --- an open circuit indicates the ignitor is burner out and needs to be replaced.

Old 01-15-09, 04:18 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks!
It looks like a slight damage on the ignitor. There is a white/grey stuff in the middle part of the ignitor. Is this easy to replace? Can I get the parts from home deport?

Old 01-15-09, 08:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
That sounds like a crack, but usually you can see the crack if you look carefully, or test it with an ohmmeter.

Buying an additional ignitor to have as a spare is worthwhile.

You typically have to but an ignitor from a distributor who sell furnaces or a heating contractor, or by shopping around on the internet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: