No heat

Old 01-17-09, 11:43 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No heat

From a honeywell goodman model number gmp050-3
It goes through the normal cycle but when it calls for heat no gas comes out of the burner. That porcelin piece does not light up a bright red either. I'm thinking i may have to replace that piece. I checked the error codes and it's a solid red so no errors...
Thanks for your time
Cooooold here in MA

Old 01-18-09, 06:14 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the glow coil is shot but you should be able to light the pilot manually......toggle down the power at the furnace set up a match on a piece of hard wire 12" long(tape it or bend a small loop)then pinch it with a pliers.light the match toggle up power,and reach into the pilot right at the glow coil should light.set your stat higher then normal becuase this stunt will have to be repeated on the next call...becuase the pilot stops when the stat satisfies......lets hear back for resultsAM........Beer 4U2PM if you have a digital volt meter verify supply voltage to the glow coil wires...ring the wires to the glow coil inplace(toggle power down)set to audible/ohms if you don't hear beep or see a ohms move(1.0= infinity NG)...(0.00 or number value GOOD) might even see the break on the coil. HD might have them or here Pilot and Ignitor Parts

Last edited by sminker; 01-18-09 at 06:46 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: