Bryant Gas Furnace Model 394GAD

Old 01-15-09, 11:59 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bryant Gas Furnace Model 394GAD

Recently, our furnace started running for a few moments, about five I'd say, turn off, come back on in about ten or so minutes. No matter what temp it is set to, it will only run a few minutes. It is blowing hot air, making no noise, but wonder if anyone has any thoughts as to what may be causing this. It is an original furnace, old I admit, but can't afford to replace it right now due to wife being laid off. Any thoughts or suggestions please as to how I can fix it myself if possible. Again, it is a Bryant Gas Furnace, Model 394 GAD 048100. Thanking you, Arky53.

Old 01-15-09, 12:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A furnace that is blowing hot air, with the burner not staying lit and not meeting the temperature set on the thermostat in cold weather are the classic symptoms of a furnace with a plugged furnace filter, covered over cold air return vent or too many warm air vents closed.

Check that out and see if one or more of those are the problem.

Frankly, this suggests that you may be past due for regular maintenance on this furnace. If it hasn't been serviced in three years or so, you should have it done. A variety of things will cause the furnace to quit working if it isn't maintained.

And if the furnace fan hasn't been taken out and oiled in the past five years, have that done too or you may see that quit working and have an expensive bill for a new motor as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: