Exploding, fire-spuing, booming Lennox Gas furnace #G20Q3E75

Old 01-15-09, 04:15 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exploding, fire-spuing, booming Lennox Gas furnace #G20Q3E75

Does anyone out there have experience with resolving the problem of DELAYED IGNITION for the Lennox Whisperheat furnace? How do you deal with a)intermittent explosions and two to thirteen booming attempts by the furnace to ignite;
b) a flame intermittently spuing forth from two to five feet beyond the louvred panel door while furnace is attempting to ignite; c) do you know anyone who has purchased a Lennox Whisperheat between 1997 and 2005? (My furnace was installed in 1999.)

Additional edits: 1)Have had furnace cleaned repeatedly by
Lennox technicians who say "You won't have the problem anyone - hopefully. (Boom!)
2) Have had a gas valve and an ignition control replaced by Lennox technician on the advice of Lennox Regional and District Managers. Result: Boom-Boom-Boom!!!
3) One service man has (on another furnace) had the flame come out onto his face without burns and says the problem could be a "stuck" damper door.
4) Lennox (TX) technician said it could be that the burner tubes (jets) may not be seated correctly (a factory installation), but the regional, district and local technicians won't even explore that possibility.

Old 01-15-09, 04:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Delayed ignition problems are usually caused by furnace burners that are dirty, damaged or corroded.

What is often needed is a trained and experienced eye to observe what is happening while the burners light and still avoid getting burned.

My suggestion is to find an honest and competent repairman to solve this proble for you.

Leaving the furnace off until it is repaired is the prudent thing to do.

Old 01-15-09, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What type of gas do uou have, L.P. ir natural? Did anyone check the incoming and manifold pressures before and after the valve was changed?

Old 01-15-09, 11:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Hey k1---

Sorry about your difficulries, but my guess is that advice from this board is not going to solve the problem. The unfortunate fact of life is that the smart move is probably to hold the feet of the repair companies who have already been out there to come up with a solution.

I'd be looking for those district and regional managers to have their best staff out there to find the problem for you.

I'm sure Lennox has some hot dogs with long experience and a lot of talent somewhere. You need to get them working on your team.

Seattle Pioneer

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: