Conquest 80 gas furnace parts?

Old 01-16-09, 06:13 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Conquest 80 gas furnace parts?

Hello,

I have a Conquest 80 gas furnace and I'd like a good source for parts. In particular, the fan blower motor, and possibly the draft inducer.

The model number is: GKDA75-E3N
The serial number is: CMID302F03932834

I'm given to understand that the furnace is made by a Michigan company called Heat Controller.

Any help in sourcing parts, or part numbers would be a huge help.

As a side note, the furnace was made in 1993 and came with a house I just bought. It could use a good cleaning. The blower is covered in dirt so as soon as the weather breaks I'll take it out and give it a good cleaning. Since it's been dirty for what seems like a very long time, I suspect the motor MAY need to be replaced. Maybe not, but I'd like a source for parts just in case.

Thank you!

Randy

Old 06-25-09, 09:13 AM
S
Same furnace

HI Randy, Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same furnace.

I 'm haveing an issue with my Conquest 80 from heat controller. The glow plug lights up, the 3 jets light when the gas is released then after a few seconds the gas shuts off and the jets die. The blower still runs but no heat. This was installed back in 1993 and does not have the new PVC vent. Its probably only about 80% efficient.

I see 3 little glass looking things that look likt they might be there to detect the flame. I'm not really sure. I've wiped them with a paper towel but not sure if this is where the issue is. I opened the door to the circuit board. There are 2 green lights that come on when I turn the unit on but no flashing lights ever.

Have you seen this?
Thanks

Old 06-26-09, 02:18 PM
D
What is the brand and number of the board? Your description of the problem sounds like the flame sensor is not recognizing the burner flame. The most common problem is the flame sensor is dirty or the procelain insulator on the sensor is cracked. You don't need to go back to the manufacturer for parts, aftermarket parts are readily available. you should be seing a failuer code but maybe you are resetting the control without realizing it.

Old 10-19-09, 08:44 AM
R
Conquest 80

Hello sakins5,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The repair guy replaced the flame sensor to fix the problem at hand. He also replaced the ignitor but the old one was still working, and the "tuned" it up.

This past Saturday (17Oct09) I replaced the blower motor and cleaned the blower cage up as it was filthy. I was able to get an exact replacement motor from a guy on eBay for less than $100 including shipping. The old one was worn pretty badly and would rattle and shake like crazy when motor speeds would change.

The furnace is working pretty well after the tune up and replacing the blower motor. Maybe I'll get another year or two out of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: