Lennox G40UH furnace

Old 01-20-09, 05:18 AM
Lennox G40UH furnace

Hello, first time to this forum and I am hoping that someone can be of assistance. I have a Lennox G40UH gas furnace and the blower motor is bad. The bearings are shot and I would like to replace the unit. Can anyone tell me which way the unit comes out. Is it through the front or the back of the unit. Thank you so much for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-09, 09:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why, according to Lennox you have "toolless entry for quick maintenance" for your furnace!

G40UH Furnace | Heating Products

I wonder what that means?

Usually you'd get access to the furnace through the blower door with the sight hole on it. I'd start there, anyway.

Let us know if Lennox didn't make the job of removing the blower assembly easy as they advertize!

Old 01-24-09, 12:41 PM
SeattlePioneer

An update. The replacement of the blower notor took about an hour to do. It was pretty straightforward but there were wiring looms that had to be disconnected and moved out of the way in order to get the blower motor out. In the end, it worked fine but was not as easy as Lennox suggests. Thanks for your help

Eric

Old 01-24-09, 12:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
But if a pro did it, they might have told you that your urit was more difficult than most, and charged you an arm and a leg. You maybe saved yourself a fortune.