Rheem Ruud 62-24044-71 Upgraded Flame Sensor Kit

Old 02-01-09, 11:20 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rheem Ruud 62-24044-71 Upgraded Flame Sensor Kit

Related to my other thread but specific to title.
For the 2 greed LED IBC (Hamilton 1012-800 series) with only an ignitor and no flame sensor per se.
This kit seems to be made for adding a separate flame sensor
to the 2 LED IBC. I want to know if this is correct and how it is wired in. I dont want to replace the IBC at this time cause I think it is ok.

Old 02-02-09, 12:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I don't know. Presumably there would be instructions packed with the kit.

Old 02-02-09, 12:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
>

Amazon.com: Rheem Ruud 62-24084-82 Ignition Module Control Board: Home Improvement

Perhaps a separate flame sensor is required for reliable operation. Probably the flame sensor plugs into the circuit board at some location. If you knew which plug it used, you could put a scredriver or other piece of metal in the burner flames and connect it to that plug and see if that solved the problem. But I don't see any reference to which plug position would be used.

Old 10-17-09, 08:48 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i had the 2 led light circuit board but it got replaced this past summer with the upgraded board that has 3 lights. my furnace isnt working and after doing some reading about the upgraded 3 led board i found this:
If there is no flame sensor then you will need to install one, run the supplied wires per the instructions to the new 3 light control board. ( 2 Green & 1 Amber Light)
If there is an existing flame sensor, check the wiring, if it is spliced into one of the Hot surface Ignitor wires it will need to be disconnected and then run the supplied wires per the instructions to the new 3 light control board. ( 2 Green & 1 Amber Light)

Flame sensors Installed with 2 Light Boards was spliced into the Ignitor wires.
Flame sensors Installed with 3 Light Boards must wire back to the control board.
ALL Rheem HOT Surface Ignition Furnaces should be equipped with a Remote Flame sensor.
so in my case and others who already have a flame sensor. that wire needs to be reroute to the circuit board per directions in the manual.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: