Lenox Pulse21 trouble

Old 02-07-09, 07:02 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lenox Pulse21 trouble

Control box light blinks with green LED, local tech told me "ignitor" was bad, but was "welded in place and is not replacable"

I have found the ignitor, need to find a source for new ignitor and sensor that goes next to ignitor........

ANY help on bringing this unit back in to service would be GREATLY appreciated

stace

Old 02-07-09, 09:38 AM
R
Try these guys. Buy Genuine Lennox Parts - Order Online or Toll Free 1-866-536-6691 cozyparts.com/lennox-parts

But make sure that you have a Lennox experienced tech evaluate your furnace before you continue using it.

Old 02-07-09, 06:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Please post the model number of the furnace from the rating plate in the burner compartment.

Old 02-11-09, 12:37 PM
W
model number

Originally Posted by SeattlePioneer
Please post the model number of the furnace from the rating plate in the burner compartment.
Thanks for the fast reply guys, the model number G21Q3-80-1

the furnace was working until last year, local tech said the ignitor was bad and could not be replaced without completely removing chamber. I got in to the unit this week and discovered the ignitor closely resembles a spark plug, and found a "dangaling" wire and an "empty" hole next to ignitor, i assume thats some sort of sensor.....

Old 02-11-09, 01:18 PM
The flame sensor resembles a spark plug also. Does the furnace fire up? If not it's possibly the ignitor thats missing.
This can be verified by following the wires back to the ignition control. I have seen these items sieze up in the hole. The threads will strip out of the hole when the part is removed.
I never tried to re-thread the hole. May be possible but would require removal of the heat exchanger.

Old 02-11-09, 07:54 PM
W
thanks for that little bit, the flame sensor is the one missing, checked the site listed above, and will replace the ignitor and flame sensor,

have a guy coming to help install later this month,

THANKS FOR THE HELP YALL

your a real LIFE SAVER!Beer 4U2

Old 03-26-09, 04:08 AM
V
Lennox home furnace

I have the above installed in 2006 and now it works some times and does not at other. Is this covered by a 5 year parts warranty and how do we access this. I was not too happy with the dealer who installed it because we were duped.

Please give some ideas of what to do ?

Old 03-26-09, 04:10 PM
C
Originally Posted by wampaskitty

have a guy coming to help install later this month,
Call them before they come out and see if they can do a Pulse test for you while they are there. This test needs to be done every couple of years to make certain that the Heat Exchanger is good in the unit. This furnace has a HIGH failure rate on this heat exchanger. If it does fail Lennox will provide you with a New 90% furnace, you will have to pay labor. You need to have this test done.

This is for everyone that wants to work on their own furnace.. read this very carefully... A broken AC causes you to be uncomfortable ,,, A broken furnace can Kill you. Keep this in mind as you do these repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: