Carlin 701CRD burner unit

Old 02-11-09, 04:00 PM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Carlin 701CRD burner unit

I'm trying to do a setup on a Hastings unit that has a 4.9 GPH firing rate. Now it came with a Gordon PiaTT burner unit that had a 90 degree nozzle from the OEM, This low High Low fire unit I realize is way too big for the unit (over 13 gallons), and the customer doesn't want to hear about it, My boss either, " Its been running for 5 years, and now you want to change it"? We all hear that stupid thing how something has been running with the wrong size equipment since Jesus was a Private....
Our plan is to disable the high fire, put in a 4 GPH nozzle @150PSIG, this will give me a bit under the rated fire rate like 4.8... Now I set the air gate at 1/2" and the A dimention to 9/16", IAW the OEM instructions going by that sticker for the zero point is a bit crazy IMO. Is there a way to check if that zero point is correct? This A dimention was at about 1.675" when I checked it and the thing is sooted up good, and the air gate was at about 1/4", with a 3.5 nozzle. It calls for a Hago P but we're putting in a Delvan B 60 degree. Your Thoughts??
Oh....We put in a Tiger loop to help with air problems, and it does have an OSV.

Old 02-11-09, 07:41 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hvac01453
I'm trying to do a setup on a Hastings unit that has a 4.9 GPH firing rate. Now it came with a Gordon PiaTT burner unit that had a 90 degree nozzle from the OEM, This low High Low fire unit I realize is way too big for the unit (over 13 gallons), and the customer doesn't want to hear about it, My boss either, " Its been running for 5 years, and now you want to change it"? We all hear that stupid thing how something has been running with the wrong size equipment since Jesus was a Private....
Our plan is to disable the high fire, put in a 4 GPH nozzle @150PSIG, this will give me a bit under the rated fire rate like 4.8... Now I set the air gate at 1/2" and the A dimention to 9/16", IAW the OEM instructions going by that sticker for the zero point is a bit crazy IMO. Is there a way to check if that zero point is correct? This A dimention was at about 1.675" when I checked it and the thing is sooted up good, and the air gate was at about 1/4", with a 3.5 nozzle. It calls for a Hago P but we're putting in a Delvan B 60 degree. Your Thoughts??
Oh....We put in a Tiger loop to help with air problems, and it does have an OSV.

I'm not familiar with that burner, but I'm wondering why you're using a 60 degree nozzle when it calls for a 90?
Were you able to get a good smoke reading when it was
first fired?

Old 02-12-09, 05:07 AM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
the angle

was recommended by Carlin, so we went with that. I see very few 90s in the supply houses I noted, and the way the Carlin turbulator end cone is set up, I'm not sure you could use a 90 on it anyway... so I went with the burner OEM. It just feels like having a Cat Deisel in a Pinto....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: