Carrier gas furnace burner problem

Old 02-14-09, 11:38 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Carrier gas furnace burner problem

I have Carrier gas furnace, with model number 58GP125-GA, that has a problem in one of the five burners.

There are five burners from left to right. Normally five burners will start to work at the same time when gas valve is on. Sometimes when gas valve is on, four burners are burning gas immediately, but the last burner (#5 burner) on the right is not burning even though gas keeps going out. About 10 seconds later, the #5 burner starts burning with an explosion. This has not happened every time, but it will occur within a couple of hours. Is this a burner problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot!

Old 02-14-09, 11:51 AM
D
delayed ignition

delayed ignition in a burner is usually caused by dirt in the crossover slot in burner(where the gas travels from burner to burner)or in the mixing vane inside the burner....pull the burner and use a wire brush on the crossover..look inside the burner ans see if there is any dirt cayught in there..if so free it with a screwdriver or skinny brush....make sure you seat the burner good when you put it back in...one more thing...don't get your face in there when it lights off!

Old 02-14-09, 12:05 PM
A
Smile

Thanks a lot Dean! I will do it now

Old 02-14-09, 04:12 PM
A
Delayed ignition is fixed and one more question

Dean,

I pulled burners, no dirt. But I found the gas diverter in #5 burner has a smaller angle compare with other burners. I adjusted the diverter's angle in #5 burner as same as others and the burner is working good now.

I now have one more question:Once burners ignited, it takes about 60 seconds to start blower. is this normal? Is there any way that the blower starts to work after 30 seconds the burners ignited?

Thanks

Old 02-15-09, 12:52 PM
D
i think your furnace has a circuit board that controls fan on/off timing....not adjustable..i could be mistaken but i don't remember a seperate fan control by the limit switch on the firewall...sorry ,but i think you're stuck with that timing

Old 02-15-09, 09:31 PM
A
Thank you very much Dean, specially helped me out for my delayed ignition problem!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: