Day and night furnace runs and then shuts off

Old 02-15-09, 09:09 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Day and night furnace runs and then shuts off

I have a Carrier Day and Night gas updraft furnace that will run for about 15 minutes normally and then the gas will shut off. The fan continues to run for another 2 minutes and the igniter will continue to spark. It stays in this "trying to light" state for around 10 minutes and then the pilot light will light and the process starts all over again. I called a dial one service repair man and he has replaced the following items
Plenum temperature limit switch
VSSS
Circuit Board
Adjusted the pilot and burner pressures
Beat on the ting for awhile and then basically told me he gives up. I am looking for any help on what could be wrong. I am an aerospace engineer and with a little guidance could probably get this working again.

Furnace info
Make: Carrier
Model:394Jaw048065
Serial: 0689C97259

Old 02-16-09, 05:11 AM
R
Could be tripping the high limit switch. Is the filter clean? Is anything blocking your returns? Does it work properly with the filter removed?

Old 02-16-09, 07:40 AM
N
I have tried replacing the high limit switch (round thing on about 3" long extensions that is installed above the burners) with no change in the furnace opperation (or lack of). I have opened all the vents in the whole house and removed the filter again no change in the furnace opperation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: