Problem with York Forced Hot Air Furnace

Old 02-21-09, 08:01 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with York Forced Hot Air Furnace

I have no power at the thermostat which was the first clue. The transformer is working but is putting out 25v.
The fuse was burned out on the mother board. It is marked with the letter (E).

I'm going to replace the fuse but was wondering what could be the root cause? Or is the power supply bad putting out 24v?

Thank you in advance...

Old 02-21-09, 08:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The most common reason for a low voltage fuse to burn out is that the thermostat wire has been cut and ground to some sheet metal at some point.

I'd use a multimeter measuring ohms to test that. Disconnect the two thermostat wires at the furnace and check each one to see if you get zero ohms to chassis ground on the furnace with the thermostat off, indicating a short. If you do, trace back the wiring to locate and correct the cause of the problem.

Tracking down a short in the furnace itself tends to be more complicated.

Old 02-21-09, 10:22 AM
D
Error Code

I put the fuse in. Thermostat comes on. Fan turns on.

But on the circuit board there is a switch that says (last error code). I press the button and it flashes four times. On the inside panel it translates to the "Limit switch open". What is that? Is that one of the handful of sensors that will keep the furnace from turning starting the thermocoupler?

Thanks so much in advance.

Old 02-21-09, 01:47 PM
D
Fixed it. Tapped on the sensors. Cleared the error code on the circuit board. For some reason it turned back on. Took a while though. Thinking it had to take X amount of minutes to work through the retries.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: