Wiring a UV Coil Treatment light to transformer

Old 02-22-09, 09:26 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring a UV Coil Treatment light to transformer

I have just bought a Honeywell UV100RM TrueUV coil treatment system and am clueless about how to wire to my furnace. All that the instructions say are "connect the 24V leads of the ballast to the 24VAC transformer. There is no polarity to TrueUV and either lead can be wired to 24V hot and common" .

Does that mean I can just find the transformer on the furnace and connect to that?

Any help is appreciated.

Here are the Elec ratings:
Voltage Rating: 24VAc, 50/60Hz
Input Current Rating:750mA
Input Power Rating: 18W max, 15W nominal

Thanks,
Eric

Old 02-22-09, 09:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
UV light

Somewere on the furnace certaily should be a 24v transformer. You may have to install a transformer dedicated to the UV light. One important thing to remember is the light should only come on when the fan is running. This usually involves using a relay to break power to the lamp or transformer when the fan is not running. I really would suggest professional installation.

Old 02-22-09, 11:23 AM
I
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I guess my question is, how do i know if i can use the existing transformer or if i need a dedicated transformer as you mentioned?

-Eric

Old 02-22-09, 11:59 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Other things to consider. Is the wiring and drain pan UV resistant. For coil eradication, two lights will be needed, one under and one above. A maintenance contract would be money better spent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: