Help-furnace question

Old 02-22-09, 01:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help-furnace question

I have a 23 y.o. Borg Warner natural gas furnace (forced hot air). A repair man just told me that there is a crack in the "front vestibule panel". He says I need to replace the unit ASAP. I am planning on doing that because it's so old but was hoping it wasn't a total emergency! Am I correct in thinking that this panel is the sheet of metal that you pull off the front of the unit to access the inside of the furnace? He did not call it the heat exchange ( I know that THIS is bad to have a crack in). I do see a crack in the metal cover panel on the front of the furnace. I hope this is what he was talking about. Can someone tell me what the front vestibule panel is? Thanks!
Old 02-22-09, 05:00 PM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 12,682
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts

I suggest you get a second opinion particularly from the gas company or someone who does not sell equipment. Usually the "vestibule" refers only to the cabinet. Did the servicer show you the crack?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: