Amana furnace and my solar h20 system - Connections?

Old 02-23-09, 11:47 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Amana furnace and my solar h20 system - Connections?

I just moved into a home that has a Amana 95% furnace. And it also has a solar hot water system. The solar system has a heat exchanger that is in front of the furnace air inlet.

It looks like the water pump that moves the water there was only to be operating when the furnace blower was on.

The issue was when the company that installed the furnace installed it. They just put the junction box on the furnace. They didn't hook up the power wires for the system or the furnace h20 pump.

So , the solar has four wires coming from it. Red (Marked power), black (Marked blower), white, and bare copper ground.

So, I assume I will hook up the Red, White, and copper to a 120v source to get power to the other pumps?

My question:

The blower wire (Black). I have been reading the instruction manual for the furnace and it shows it has an accessory output. EAC and can handle 1 amp 120V. The water pump says 0.63 amps at 120V. So, I guess the furnace board can handle this.

Do I simply connect the Blower wire from the solar pump to this EAC output on the furnace board?

That is the way it looks on the diagram. But I was confused by the " line neutral. What would that wire be?

Thank you !

Old 02-23-09, 07:10 PM
C
you could just add a 24v relay wired to w and common to energize the rely making the contacts to power the pump.. you dont want the pump running when the blower is running in ac mode..
the other option is to use the humid option and wire to the blower heat speed.

Old 02-23-09, 07:26 PM
W
Originally Posted by cyberdead
you could just add a 24v relay wired to w and common to energize the rely making the contacts to power the pump.. you dont want the pump running when the blower is running in ac mode..
the other option is to use the humid option and wire to the blower heat speed.
I am running just a heating system...with a swamp cooler for cooling.

So, it would be ok to use the EAC control?

Old 02-23-09, 08:10 PM
C
personally I would put a relay between your pump and the board.
to make certain that I did not overload the boar. Small price to pay. OR better yet add a current sensing relay to the motor wires. As used for a HUMID.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: