Arcoaire, Enviroplus 90

Old 03-06-09, 06:51 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arcoaire, Enviroplus 90

My wife has just bought a house in West Chester, PA which is fitted with a Arcoaire, Enviroplus 90 RPJ II Ultra High Efficiency Furnace in the basement. It seems to be using between 6 and 10 gallons of propane per day. This seems a bit excessive or is it about right.

She has just had the tanks filled to 10% on Feb 12 to check for leaks and then filled to 100%, (2 X 120 gallon tanks = 240 gallons), on the 13 Feb. On March 3 the tanks were down to 1%, (ie 2.4 gallons). This seems to be a rather rapid consumption even given that the outside air tem is down to minus 32 degrees F.

Are there any experts out there who can comment?

Steve

Old 03-06-09, 05:36 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Do you have any neighbors on the same fuel, and comparable size houses to compare?

What size IS your house? Is it a new house or an older drafty one?

Saying you use between 6 and 10 gallons is quite the spread. One might live with 6, but not with 10. You know what I mean? That could be like saying you use somewhere between say $360 and $600 a month. $360 might be acceptable (depending on the house) when way below 0, but perhaps not $600.

32 below 0? When? We hit minus 30, actual air temp, here on one night, maybe a month back or so? Other than that, not much approached that (from minus 20 -30 ). Although we had many many nights that hit about 14 below -here in Wisconsin, to the east of the Twin Cities.

Hmmm. Just did some quick math. You say that you used almost all of 240 gallons in 18 days at the last half of February into first of March? That be over 13 gallons a day. Ouch. Triple ouch.

Old 03-06-09, 06:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Minus 32?

No way did West Chester get to -32. I live about 50 miles south of there & West Chester's temps might be a few degrees cooler than mine but not much & I've only had a few nights this year in single digits. None below 0.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: