Good furnace dealer and price in Toronto

Old 03-07-09, 02:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good furnace dealer and price in Toronto

I am looking for a good furnace dealer and price in Toronto. 3000 sqft house. Need to replace furnace and AC. If anybody did it recently, please provide some advice. Targeting for American Standard/Trane/Carrier.

Tom

Old 03-07-09, 04:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Good and Cheap?

Tom there is an old saying which hold true in nearly every trade. "There are 3 ways to get a job done, Good, Fast, & Cheap. Pick 2." The two which are hardest to get together are good & cheap. Normally the really good installers aren't cheap. In general, you get what you pay for. I suggest you talk to friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers, etc. about whom they have had do a similar job & how well satisfied they were with the work. After you get your list call several contractors & get detailed bids.

Old 03-09-09, 08:34 AM
T
Is it true that gas pressure of 1.7 has the best burning result. And usualy adjust to 1.6x to have some safety margin? One dealer told me that, but that other one told me there is no need of gas pressure adjustment. If that is true, then I will definitely choose the first one. Adjustment will give me better efficiency, I guess.

Old 03-09-09, 08:49 AM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ttong
Is it true that gas pressure of 1.7 has the best burning result. And usualy adjust to 1.6x to have some safety margin? One dealer told me that, but that other one told me there is no need of gas pressure adjustment. If that is true, then I will definitely choose the first one. Adjustment will give me better efficiency, I guess.
???????????????? 1.7 what???????????????
sorry do not understand the question

Old 03-09-09, 08:57 AM
T
Since I am not expert on the gas line, he told me the pressure of 1.7, but I don't know what the unit name. Could be psi or pa? not sure. I thought expert here will know. Maybe different area has different standard. I am in Toronto. He also mentioned if the pressure over 1.7, will cause under burning of gas which means some of the gas will be exhausted out without burning.

Thanks!

Tom

Old 03-09-09, 05:57 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I pretty much know he means inches of water, however those numbers are way off. Unless it is a two stage furnace and he was talking first stage. BUT that is not the way to set it up.

Old 03-09-09, 08:59 PM
P
Originally Posted by ttong
I am looking for a good furnace dealer and price in Toronto. 3000 sqft house. Need to replace furnace and AC. If anybody did it recently, please provide some advice. Targeting for American Standard/Trane/Carrier.

Tom
Hi Tom

I don't know any placed in Toronto myself, but the Holmes on Homes webpage has some of the ones he uses.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: