Carrier WeatherMaker 58SX Low Heat

Old 03-11-09, 12:44 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier WeatherMaker 58SX Low Heat

My furnace does not blow warm air from vents, the highest it gets is 66 F, regardless of t-stat setting. The rollout switch trips intermittently. I replaced it, but still have the same problem. I changed filters, no difference. The blower motor was noisey, I replaced that also. The furnace body gets hot. The flame is blue. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-11-09, 01:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Is there some way for air to circulate and bypass the furnace, or be substantially diluted by cool air from some source? What temperature is the limit switch set to shut off?

A limit switch that is shutting off implies an overheated heat exchanger, which would ordinarily mean quite hot air being circulated by the fan. But you report relatively cool air from the vents. That doesn't make sense unless the hot air is being diluted in some way.

You have one furnace I suppose?

Old 03-11-09, 02:53 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the response

I only have one furnace. My wife thought she smelled gas so she called the gas co. The rep said the carbon monoxide level was too high, he also said that model of Carrier furnace was know to have bad secondary heat exchangers and was under extended warranty from the mfg, which was verified by Carrier. A repairman will be out tomorrow. I suppose a clogged heat exchange could be the cause of the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: