Advantage Air gas Furnace

Old 06-08-09, 09:22 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Armstrong Air Advantage gas Furnace not working

The furnace is kicking out the code "pressure switch open with inducer on," can someone tell me what this means? We left for out of town and came home to the furnace not working....It's getting a little chilly in here.

Last edited by chammer; 06-08-09 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Brand correction
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-09, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Well, I know what it means..but I can't tell you how to fix it...no HVAC guy...but anyway.....

When the furnace first starts..the inducer fan has to spin and get a good flow of air going out the exhaust. The inducer fan is normally a small fan mounted somewhere on/in the exhaust vent. Then there is a pressure switch that needs to close to ensure the correct amount of airflow is being produced. The controls can tell if the fan is energized...but not if it is spinning at the correct speed or at all. Thats what the presssure switch does.

So you may have a faulty fan, faulty pressure switch, blocked airflow, bad control board..etc. There may be other things, but as I said...no Pro.

First I would check for the fan running..and post back. Maybe by then one of the people in the know will be here.

Old 06-08-09, 04:29 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It helps to have a voltmeter to be able to test incoming and outgoing wires at the pressure switch, to see what is really going on. For example, if the incoming wire to the pressure switch doesn't even have 12 volt ac juice, then it's not even pressure switch related. I've seen such errors as this already, regarding the error code printout.

Also it is nice to have an alligator clip jumper wire, because with this you can jumper 2 wires to see if the furnace runs when temporarily jumpered. This is not allowed to be left on permanently however, as there are safety risks.

If you are around and willing, we could coach you through this.