Gmv95070

Old 07-21-09, 07:13 PM
O
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gmv95070

Hello everyone,

I read a lot of the debate about Goodman products so now I'm confused of what to do. Half of the people said that it's terrible the other said that it's fine.

I need a new furnace and Central air unit and was recommended the Goodman GMV95070. I understand that it has a 10 years parts with lifetime heat exchanger warranty. To top it all, the contractor offered a 7 years parts and labor warranty for additional $200.00. He said that the Goodman is as good as any. Is that true? Should I get it?

My question to all you expert is if any of you had any actual experience with the GMV95070 and would you recommended to others. I think it's a top of the line product for Goodman.

Quite frankly I know nothing about HVAC so I'm rely on this site for some advice. Good/bad or anything you can pitch in would be great.

Thanks

Old 07-22-09, 05:30 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have direct experience with that model. Goodman harkens back to the days of the Janitrol brand name which was a so called "value" unit. Over time, they were more and more cheaply built. The Goodman brand name was a cheapie that has improved over time but they are still a value line. Depending on whose numbers are viable, Goodman is either the #2 or #3 selling brand in the US. They are made in Houston. You don't move that much product by making junk. The warranties are good. $200 for parts and labor for 7 years is a deal. Just make sure the warranties are thru Goodman and not the dealer in case he goes belly up. I believe there are some time limits on product registration to validate the warranties, so keep an eye on that. A lot of the controversy surrounding Goodman is the fact that they sell thru a wholesaler network but also sell direct to the public. If I were in business today, I would sell American Standard and use Goodman, Payne, or a Nordyne brand for low budget jobs. My beef with Nordyne is they're made in China. Just my opinion, but I feel that way too many of the things we buy in this country are Chinese made. I don't have anything against the Chinese; it's all the money going to one place that bothers me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: