Magic Chef Oil Furnace - how many BTU?

Old 07-30-09, 09:27 AM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magic Chef Oil Furnace - how many BTU?

Hi! I have a Magic Chef Oil Furnace (Model L6A112C16-1) and would like to know how many BTU it is. Can anyone help me? We have about a 2,000 square foot home and are starting an addition (approximately another 400 sqare foot) and have been advised that the furnace is not big enough to accommodate the addition. In fact our HVAC contact said the furnace is only rated for 112,000 BTU and he wasn't sure how it was heating the existing home as it just wasn't large enough to maintain an inside temperature if the outside temp was 0.

We've never had any problems keeping the home warm (one room is a little cool in the winter, but it's over a crawl and at the far end of the home).

We're meeting with him to determine the best course of action. We live in central Indiana, so temps don't get horribly cold, but we want to make the right choices. Any advice you could offer would be appreciated. Thank you!
-Nat

Old 07-31-09, 07:38 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-05-09, 05:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

If that furnace won't heat the house, there's something MAJOR wrong. Use daddyjohn's link & I would be willing to wager a month's pay you will find that furnace to be oversized. It'll be the best money you spend on your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: