Weathermaker 9200 blower making a humming noise

Old 09-01-09, 02:47 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weathermaker 9200 blower making a humming noise

Hi all. I have a problem with my Weathermaker 9200. It's about 8 years old now.

I seem to have a problem with the blower. At first, I noticed that there was no air coming out of the vents in the house- I thought that the thermostat was not set. After some digging around, I realized a fairly loud and low pitched humming noise coming out of the blower.

I am not running the furnace to heat the house, I'm just running the fan (thermostat cool/heat set to off, and fan set to on). I removed the air filter to take a look and realized that the blower was rotating slowly and struggling. Almost as if something is stopping it. Any idea what may be causing this?

As a side note - I recently shut off gas to the furnace for some maintenance work that had to be done (not to the furnace, however). I doubt that this is the reason - but maybe you would know.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-09, 08:10 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with no power or call...does the squirrel cage free spin either CCW or CW.if it free spins try the heating to run the low speed winding on the motor(hi is the AC side or FAN ON) change the capacitor if it free spins but struggles to run either in lo/hi

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: