Furance turns on but does not blows hot air

Old 09-30-09, 02:01 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Furance turns on but does not blows hot air

Hi I was wondering if some one can help figure out the problem with my furance, I turned it on and it worked for 2 days and the pilot turns on but it does not blow out hot air, when I put the switch on auto it has that problem but when I put the switch to "on" it blows out air but it is only cold air not hot air at all. Can some plz let me know how to fix it or what can I do, or simply what is the problem.

Old 09-30-09, 03:32 AM
C
If your unit has an exhaust blower fan, pull the vacuum tube off at the fan and check that the hole has not crusted over. The other end will go to the interlock switch and will most likely be ok. To kick in, the interlock has to know that the flue exhaust is pushing air out. I only know this cause it once happened to mine.

CaryMan

Edit: It's the port on the blower unit that crusts over. Tooth pick or small finish nail to punch port open. The vacuum tube can be inspected for cracks or leaks however.

Last edited by CaryMan; 09-30-09 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-30-09, 09:23 AM
D
No hot air

Our furnace had this problem for the last two years and I discovered that it is the ignition wire. It has come loose so that it's not lighting. That's why I'm on here today, to find someone who can help me fix it myself so that I don't fight with it all this winter! Check your wire and see if its come loose.

Old 09-30-09, 09:36 AM
M
If it has LEDs on the circuit board, you can count first before turning the power off and see if one of the doors has a flash code chart. Turn the power off, leave it on by the termostat with the fan set to Auto. Stand infront of it with the top(burner) door off. Tell us what it does when you turn the power on when you're in front of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: