carrier furnace problem

Old 10-10-09, 06:52 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question carrier furnace problem

I have a carrier furnace model 58sx080-gg-1 series 190 and I have no heat. the burner will not light. the pilot ignitor does not light.and there is no gas smell. and the blower just runs when the power is on?can anyone help me with some advice before I have to pay a pro?!

Old 10-10-09, 08:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Are we talking about the inducer (3A) or the blower motor (3D).

If it is your inducer, remove the small quarter inch hose between it and your furnace and verify this it is not restricted.

Condensing furnace will also do this if the furnace drain is plugged.

Old 10-11-09, 02:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Good question there Houston, although I'd presume it's the fan motor that's running anf the inducer motor that is not running.

Probably the 24 VAC circuit that's being interrupted by a blown 3amp fuse, open limit switch or whatever.

Just need to check each component to find which one is open and not passing 24 VAC on.

Old 10-11-09, 09:04 AM
R
Carrier Furnace Problems

I have spark, but no gas to the pilot or the gas rail. The inducer motor is running but no gas is making it through. What is my problem?

Thanks!

Old 10-11-09, 09:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
No pilot gas. Either your gas valve is not opening the pilot gas outlet, or you have a restriction in your piot tube or pilot burner.

Do you have other gas appliances in your home? Is everything else working ok?

Old 10-11-09, 09:58 AM
R
We just had to replace the gas hot water tank and it is working great. UGH!

Old 10-11-09, 12:01 PM
Since the water heater is working OK, the gas is turned on.

Check to see that the furnace shutoff valve is on and that the electric gas valve control is turned to the "on" position.

If the answers above are yes, you may have a gas valve that has the valve to turn on the pilot gas burned out.

Old 10-11-09, 12:18 PM
E
Not too unusual for pilot orifice to plug, in any spark-pilot furnace, as they are tiny the way it is.

Can usually DIY, without too much hassle, in many furnaces. Not bad idea to remove and inspect/clean anyway. Also some furnaces with pilot use pilot assembly itself to sense flame. (I cannot find 6H flame sensor on your schematic.) Although flame sensing at thsi juncture is not your issue. I'm just saying that often it pays to brighten up the assembly metal in area of flame, as long as you have the pilot assembly out, in case this is used as flame sense pathway.

If you have a gas meter you can always go out there and look on the 1/4 or 1/2 foot dial to see if the dial moves some, at least, when trying to ignite furnace several times, let's say - to indicate some kind of action with the gas.

Glad to see Seattle back for the season.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: